To facilitate the board’s monitoring of library finances, the director must:
- Present them with financial statements that the library board and other constituencies can understand;
- Provide them with monthly financial reports that include:
- Year-to-date revenues and expenditures compared to initial projections;
- The total budget delineated by BARS (Budgeting, Accounting, and Reporting System) categories;
- The balance of budgeted funds remaining for the fiscal year;
- An explanation of any significant changes.