Forms of Identification
From ILS Reentry
- 1 Social Security Card
- 2 Washington State Identification Card and Driver's License
- 3 Washington Law Help
- 4 Vital Records
Social Security Card
- New or Replacement Social Security Number and Card 
- Application for original, replacement, or corrected Social Security Card 
- Social Security Administration (SSA) Office Locator 
- NOTE: Application must be sent to local office, if you are requesting an application from library staff please also provide the city or zip code where you will be sending your application.
Washington State Identification Card and Driver's License
- Washington ID Card 
- Proof of Identity 
- This is the first step in getting your ID Card or Driver License. Lists and links to accepted as well as unaccepted documents that can be used to establish proof of identity.
- Get Your Enhanced ID Card (EID) or Enhanced Driver License (EDL) 
- This is an acceptable alternative to a passport for re-entry into the U.S. You can only use it when you cross borders by land or sea.
- Proof of citizenship, identity, Social Security number, and residence for EID/EDL 
Getting Your First License
- Steps to getting your first license: 18 and over 
- Required Insurance 
- Driving Test: What To Expect 
- Driver Training Schools and Testing Locations 
- Ask Library staff for county specific locations.
- Renew your Driver License 
- If your license has been expired over 6 years, see getting your first license section above.
- Replace a lost Driver License 
License Suspension, Reinstatement and Restricted Licenses
- Washington State Department of Licensing (DOL) - Types of Suspension 
- List of suspension types and how to get your driver license back. For more information about specific suspensions ask Library Staff.
- Ignition Interlock Driver License (IIL) 
- An Ignition Interlock Driver License (IIL) allows you to drive a vehicle while your license is suspended or revoked for a drug or alcohol-related offense. You may apply for an IIL at any time, including after being arrested or after your revocation hearing. When you get an IIL you must maintain an interlock device in the vehicles you drive for the rest of your suspension.
- Occupational/Restricted Driver License (ORL) 
- While your driver license is suspended or revoked, you may be eligible to receive an Occupational/Restricted Driver License (ORL). An ORL restricts the times of day, days of the week, areas, and vehicles you may drive.
- Restricted Driver License Application 10/2019 
- In order to apply for an IIL or ORL, a Restricted Driver License Application must be submitted.
- Purchase your WA driving record 
- Your driving record (also known as driving abstract, drivers abstract, abstract driving record, or ADR), is a history of violations, citations, convictions, departmental actions and/or collisions you've incurred over a period of time.
- Driving Record Request Form 
También disponible en español Recursos en español
Commercial Driver Training
- Getting a CDL 
- CDL Disqualifications 
- Approved CDL Training Schools 
- Washington Department of Licensing approved CDL training courses and the type/class of training provided.
- CDL Skill Test 
Also on Employment and Education
Washington Law Help
Child Support and License Suspension 2/2020 
- The Division of Child Support (DCS) may suspend licenses of parents who are behind in their child support payments. The law allows DCS to suspend any license issued by the State of Washington, including drivers' licenses, hunting licenses, fishing licenses, professional licenses and contractor or occupational licenses. This publication explains your rights and obligations under the law.
Ordering a Vital Record 
- The Department of Health issues certified copies of vital records (or “certificates”) for births, deaths, marriages and divorces that took place in the state of Washington.
- Acceptable Proof of Identity 
- Acceptable Proof of Eligibility 
- Ordering a Birth Record 
- Ordering a Marriage or Divorce Record 
- Marriage Certificate or Divorce Certificate Mail Order Form 
- Single Status Letter 
National Center for Health Statistics
- Where to Write for Vital Records
- The links below are provided for those users who want direct access to individual state and territory information. To use this valuable tool, you must first determine the state or area where the birth, death, marriage, or divorce occurred.
- Where to Write for Vital Records PDF version