Benton & Franklin Counties
From ILS Reentry
Revision as of 12:45, 25 October 2022 by Sara.Whitehead
- 1 Community Action Committee Benton-Franklin County
- 2 Benton County Human Services 
- 3 Elijah House 
- 4 Tri-City Union Gospel Mission
- 5 Goodwill Employment Connection Center 
- 6 Catholic Charities of Central Washington 
- 7 Comprehensive Healthcare 
- 8 Public Libraries
Community Action Committee Benton-Franklin County
- Benton Franklin Community Action Connections (BFCAC) was organized and approved as a 501 (c) 3 non-profit corporation in 1966, serving Benton and Franklin Counties. Our goal to provide pathways out of poverty is achieved through programs we currently have available and the continuous development of innovative projects and programs for the future.
- Housing 
- Counseling/Mental Health 
- Free Meals 
- Employment 
- Jail Transition Support Groups 
Benton County Human Services 
- Red Book Neighborhood Resource Book 
- The Housing Resource Center 
- The Housing Resource Center, formerly know as CES Coordinated Entry System, efficiently routes households who are homeless or at risk of homelessness to the most appropriate provider among the network of homeless providers as quickly as possible.
- Homeless Shelters 
Elijah House 
- Elijah Family Homes (EFH) is a 501(c)(3) organization that works to create an inclusive environment for staff, volunteers, and clients of all of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion or creed, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and veteran or active duty status. Elijah Family Homes believes all individuals are worthy, valuable, and deserving of respect and services. We aim to ensure that all families with children in Benton and Franklin Counties, regardless of substance abuse history, are given the opportunity to make unique and valuable contributions to the community while being self-sufficient and stably housed.
- The Transition to Success (TTS) program provides families safe, stable, affordable housing and supportive services in the form of highly individualized case management for up to 3 years. These services are provided without regard to race, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability. The TTS program works with low-income families who don’t qualify for public housing due to their past, including felonies and drug abuse. It is a three-year endeavor with the first year’s focus being on basic life skills, while in years two and three the clients are being directed in goal setting, job skills development, personal finance, and transitional skills for self-sufficiency.
- Transition to Success Applicant Process 
- Application July 2020 
- The Parent-Child Assistance Program (PCAP) serves women who used substances during pregnancy. The primary goal of PCAP is to prevent future births of alcohol or drug exposed children. It is also a three-year endeavor with the first year’s focus being on basic life skills, while in years two and three the clients are being directed in goal setting, job skills development, and transitional skills for self-sufficiency. The program also focuses on improving parenting skills, maintaining a home, and personal finance.
- Parent-Child Assistance Program 
- Brochure 
Tri-City Union Gospel Mission
Goodwill Employment Connection Center 
- Goodwill’s Employment Connection Center is a free, walk-in job search assistance program helping job-seekers create resumes, prepare for interviews, and provides access to community resources and information. The Employment Connection Center also provides access to a computer lab, computer tutorials, skills assessments, and internet job-search services designed to improve job-seeking skills to help you get that job!
Catholic Charities of Central Washington 
- Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program  Only available in Yakima County and Chelan County
- Form to request further information 
- Affordable Rental Housing 
- List of housing addresses 
- Child, Adult, and Family Counseling  Only available in Yakima County, Benton County, and Chelan County
- Catholic Charities Yakima Food Bank  Only available in Yakima County and Benton County
Comprehensive Healthcare 
Mid-Columbia Libraries 
Richland Public Library 
- Library Information 
- Managing your account 
- Pay My Fines 
- Circulation Policies 
- Internet Resource Access Policy