NDNPThe National Digital Newspaper Program (NDNP) is a partnership between the NEH and the Library of Congress to provide enhanced access to United States newspapers. Ultimately, over a period of approximately 20 years, NDNP will create a national, digital resource of historically significant newspapers from all the states and U.S. territories published between 1836 and 1922. This searchable database will be permanently maintained at the Library of Congress (LC) and be freely accessible via the Internet. more info
NDNP @ NEH
NDNP @ LOC - Technical Specs
About this Wiki
This wiki is a collaborative web site for planning and discussion regarding the Washington's NDNP grant. Feel fee to edit pages, add new pages, or use the discussion pages on any page to ask questions about page contents or make suggestions.
- Wiki: Means "quick" in Hawaiian. "A wiki is a collection of web pages designed to enable anyone who accesses it to contribute or modify content, using a simplified markup language" ... more on wikis from Wikipedia
Wiki TutorialWatch WSL's video tutorial about editing in the wiki
- Edit whole page by using the edit tab (box in upper-right) to edit whole pages
- Edit just the section of a page with small Edit links (simple link on right side of content).
- Use the WYSIWYG tool bar in edit mode
- Use wiki markup code to edit layout and design of content. Visit the Screwturn edit page for help
Use the RSS feeds to keep track of changes and discussions on the wiki. This way it doesn't fill up your inbox but you'll be able to quickly tell what's new.
- RSS (Really Simple Syndication): Allows new content from various sites to be pushed to you - rather than having to remember to check the various sites for new content. RSS on this site allows you to keep track of new content on the wiki.
- Feed url for all NDNP wiki page changes: http://wiki.secstate.wa.gov/ndnp/RSS.aspx (copy and paste url into an RSS feed reader or subscribe by clicking)